For Family and Friends
Alcohol and drug use evaluation:
Do you or people you love need our help?
Do you think you might be an alcoholic? Is a friend or family member using drugs? This simple quiz will give you a sense of whether or not you might need to seek help.
1. Do you ever drink or use drugs alone?
2. Have you ever felt that you might need to drink or use drugs less?
3. Do you find yourself needing a drink or drugs to feel relaxed at social gatherings?
4. If you drink or use drugs at night, have you found you couldn’t remember a part of the
evening when you wake up?
5. Has a friend or family member ever expressed concern about your drinking or drug use?
6. Has anyone ever complained about how you act when you’re using drugs or alcohol?
7. Have you ever lost a job or missed work time because of drinking or drug use?
8. Do you ever use drugs or alcohol in the morning?
9. Do you have any health problems that have resulted from using alcohol or drugs?
10. Have you ever received a DUI or had any other legal problems because of drinking or
• Answering “Yes” to any of these questions could indicate a possible problem with drugs or alcohol.
• Answering “Yes” to 2 - 3 questions suggests serious risk of drug or alcohol abuse.
• Answering “Yes” to 4 or more questions signifies critical concerns for your health and safety.
Our experienced and caring Janus counselors are available to answer your questions about drug and alcohol use, assessment and treatment. Your inquiry is confidential and carries no obligation.
Contact us now.
Return to top
Disclaimer: This self-evaluation quiz is meant for guidance only and should not be considered a substitution for a professional healthcare assessment.