Residential Treatment at Janus
Janus offers two separate residential treatment programs for drug and alcohol rehabilitation: a
co-educational Adult Residential Program and a Perinatal Residential Program for women who are pregnant or parenting young children (up to age 5). Both programs combine individualized treatment with group process and education, connecting clients with support systems within the community.
Scientific data confirms that those clients who quit tobacco use while in treatment have a 25% better chance of sustained recovery from their substance use disorders. As of October 1, 2019, Janus is a tobacco-free campus.
Our residential treatment programs provide a supportive, safe and comfortable environment where we actively promote healing and recovery. Residential treatment at Janus is evidence-based, with proven positive outcomes.
A Supportive Start on the Path to Successful Recovery
Our residential treatment program develops and supports your motivation to recover, instilling a real commitment to change. People entering treatment use words like frustration, pain and failure to describe their lives. As you live with us and work with us, you will replace those words and feelings with hope, strength, opportunity, and happiness.
What is Treatment at Janus?
You and your counselor will work together to create an individual treatment plan to use as a guide during your stay. Length of stay is based on regular assessments and tailored to your individual needs for real results.
Days in our residential program are filled with individual and group counseling sessions, education programs and assignments designed to improve your knowledge of the recovery process. You’ll listen to motivating speakers sharing their recovery experiences and enjoy opportunities to attend support groups like AA and NA.
Fitness and physical activities at a nearby gym, a swimming program at a local swim center and hiking excursions are available to you while in treatment at Janus. Bi-weekly yoga classes, acupuncture and daily recreational walks at one of the most beautiful beaches in Santa Cruz are all options for you to choose as part of your treatment.
The Janus Residential Treatment Program includes:
- Individualized treatment planning
- Nationally-recognized “best practices” including cognitive-behavioral therapy & motivational interviewing
- Screening & referral for co-occurring disorders if appropriate
- Chemical dependency assessment
- Group & individual counseling
- Alcohol & other drug recovery education
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (if appropriate)
- Skills development activities & groups
- Introduction to community & peer recovery support
- Swimming, hiking, beach walks, & gym visits
- Yoga, acupuncture & art therapy
- Delicious & healthy food
- Family programs & family therapy
- Relapse prevention skills training
- Treatment coordination & advocacy with court system, union or your employer as needed
- Aftercare planning
Janus’ Lifetime Aftercare Counseling Program is a comprehensive, ongoing support resource for all clients (and family members of clients) who have completed treatment at Janus. This is a lifetime benefit for all alumni as well as family members and is self-referral to our Lighthouse Counseling Team. Call us at (866) 526-877 for details